Local weather link, click on the image to view.
Make sure you scroll down the page for details of forthcoming events
Thank you to those members shopping through easyfundraising, we've just received another cheque! Keep up the shopping and if you wish to join in, see the link further down the page, it's free to use!!
We're just dropping you a note to let you know that your donations are on their way! We've popped a cheque for £17.98
in the post and it should be with you in the next few days.
Seasonal Greetings to all our Members
a big Thank You to all the people who work so hard at shows, on sites and with their councils to promote the Society and the Allotment Movement!
Avian Flu Alert (If you own chickens)
You will all have seen news reports about the current Avian Flu Alert and the 30 day Prevention Zone requirements. These measures are compulsory and apply to farmers and allotment hen-keepers alike.
The British Hen Welfare Trust has given this advice to backyard hen-keepers.
- Keep your hens inside if possible.
- Make sure your hens’ feed and water cannot be accessed by wild birds, keep it in the hen house where possible.
- Take extra steps to keep your coop clean including disinfecting all bird houses on a regular basis.
- Restrict movement of your birds to within their run for the next 30 days.
If you have a run cover with a tarpaulin or plastic sheeting to avoid contamination from wild bird faeces.
- Keep a close eye on your hens for any signs of illness and seek advice from a vet should you spot anything unusual.
Members fruit bush orders are now ready for collection from the Brockhurst Store on Military Road
We are also looking for help to assist/run the Stores at both Camden and Middlecroft – so if you have a spare hour on a Sunday morning for the Store with occasional attendance at committee meeting then please get in touch. There are other ways to get involved too.
As part of our fundraising we have just received a cheque from Easyfundraising for £67.82, we would like to thank those members that have already signed up for this great free way of raising money and ask more of you to sign up, it easy and costs you nothing, the retailer makes a donation on your behalf for visiting their site through easyfundraising. Help us to raise enough money to build a new store!!!!!
This is how it works. You go to http://www.easyfundraising.org.ukand follow their instructions to register as a new user and select Gosport Allotments New Store Fund as your nominated good cause. You will be asked to download their toolbar. When you go shopping you can log into Easyfundraising before starting, or let them prompt you to log in if you find a participating retailer.
- Take a look at our updated stock list of items available from all of the stores click here to open the stock list. You will find many of the items available are cheaper than a lot of the high street chains.